A member of the Scripps Clinic Division of Urology since 1984, Daniel Nachtsheim, MD, has special training in genito-urinary tract cancer. He actively participates in clinical research on prostate cancer and male sexual dysfunction and maintains an interest in teaching medical students and residents.
Dr. Nachtsheim provides microsurgical techniques for reversing vasectomies and sperm aspiration for advanced procedures in in-vitro fertilization. He is experienced in the implantation of prosthetic devices for correction of impotence and incontinence and provides treatment for urinary tract stone disease by lithotripsy and endoscopic extraction. Dr. Nachtsheim was elected president of the Western States American Urological Society for 1999 – 2000 and served on the American Urological Association Board of Directors from 2004 to 2007.
Areas of Expertise
- American Board of Urology, Urology, 1978
- University of Illinois at Chicago, MD, 1968
- University of Southern California School of Medicine, Internal Medicine, 1969
- Letterman Army Medical Center, Urology, 1976
- Mayo Clinic, Internal Medicine, 1970
- University of California, San Diego, Urology, 1979