Dr. Petersen is an Assistant Clinical Professor of Psychiatry at the University of California, San Diego where she helps direct the VA Geriatric Psychiatry Clinic in La Jolla. She is a graduate of the Geriatric Psychiatry Fellowship at UCSD School of Medicine and an attending for the UCSD Clinical Fellowship. Dr. Petersen is board certified in General Adult Psychiatry and the subspecialty of Geriatric Psychiatry by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology. She is involved in the care of adults and elderly patients with mental illness through the VA San Diego Healthcare System as well as treatment of the adults and elderly through the Department of Mental Health Scripps Clinic.
Areas of Expertise
- Psychiatry & Neurology
- American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology, Geriatric Psychiatry, 2002
- American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology, Psychiatry, 2000
- Universitatea De Medicina Si Farmacie Carol Davila, 1977
- Loma Linda University Medical Center, Psychiatry & Neurology, 1997
- University of California, San Diego, Geriatric Psychiatry, 1998