Dr. Shay received his medical degree from the University of California San Francisco and his undergraduate degree from Cornell University. He served an internship in internal medicine at the University of Washington Medical Center and a residency in anesthesiology, perioperative medicine, and pain management at Brigham and Women’s Hospital in Boston. In addition, Dr. Shay completed fellowships in obstetric anesthesia at Brigham and Women’s Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital and served academic appointments at numerous institutions including Cornell University and Harvard Medical School. Dr. Shay is certified by the American Board of Anesthesiology.
Areas of Expertise
- American Board of Anesthesiology, Anesthesiology, 2000
- University of California, San Francisco, MD, 1995
- University of Washington Medical Center, Internal Medicine, 1996
- Brigham & Women's Hospital, Anesthesiology, 1999
- Brigham & Women's Hospital, Anesthesiology, 2000