A rheumatologist at Scripps Clinic, Dr. Silverman received his medical degree in 1968 from the University of Tennessee and his undergraduate degree in psychology from the University of Arizona. He completed an internship and residency in internal medicine at the University of Tennessee/City of Memphis Hospitals, where he also completed a fellowship in infectious disease and immunology. Dr. Silverman’s postgraduate training continued with completion of National Institutes of Health sponsored fellowships in rheumatology at the University of Tennessee and Scripps Clinic.
Throughout his career, Dr. Silverman has conducted clinical research, including studies investigating the effectiveness of medications to treat rheumatoid arthritis. He is a member of numerous professional societies including the American College of Rheumatology, the American College of Physicians and the American Pain Society.
Areas of Expertise
- Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Rheumatology, 1974
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Internal Medicine, 1972
- University of Tennessee College of Medicine, MD, 1968
- University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Internal Medicine, 1972
- Scripps Clinic, Rheumatology, 1974
- University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Infectious Disease, 1969