As a podiatrist, Larry Clay Ballinger, DPM, treats a wide range of foot and ankle conditions, including ingrown toe nails, bunions and hammer toe. He also treats neuromas and foot conditions related to diabetes; performs complex surgical reconstruction; and cares for sports-related foot and ankle injuries. He sees patients of all ages from children to adults.
Dr. Ballinger believes in putting patients at the center of their care and that collaboration is essential to achieving the best possible outcome. Through open communication and extensive diagnostic evaluation, he is able to assist patients in selecting the most effective treatment options. In addition, he works closely with specialists and referring physicians to coordinate care.
He grew up in a small town in Ohio, completing his podiatry training in Cleveland before moving to California to start his surgical residency. When he is not providing care for patients, Dr. Ballinger enjoys spending time with his family, playing soccer, skiing and watching the Ohio State Buckeyes.
- Podiatrist-Surgery, Foot & Ankle
Areas of Expertise
- Podiatric Orthopedics & Primary Podiatric Medicine
- Podiatry, Foot & Ankle Surgery
- American Board of Podiatric Surgery, Podiatrist-Surgery, Foot, 2010
- Ohio College of Podiatric Medicine, DPM, 2003
- Kaiser Permanente, Podiatric Orthopedics & Primary Podiatric Medicine, 2006
- Scripps Mercy Hospital San Diego, Podiatric Orthopedics & Primary Podiatric Medicine, 2005