David Herz, MD, enjoys caring for children from birth to twenty-one years of age. After his three year residency in general pediatrics, he spent another two years exclusively devoted to the study of newborn health problems. He has used this specially acquired knowledge for the newborn care lectures he has given to many groups of expectant families.
Dr. Herz also has special interests in asthma, allergies, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and in nutrition. He is a strong believer in emphasizing preventive medicine and healthy diets.
As a father and a pediatrician, he brings special understanding to the emotional concerns that parents have. He treats his patients as if they were his own family and is a strong advocate for them. Dr. Herz tries to make each appointment as pleasant as possible for the children he sees by making an effort to minimize any fear they might have of doctor visits.
His free time is spent swimming on most days and helping his twin boys stay healthy and happy.
Dr. Herz received an undergraduate degree in biology and in psychology from Brandeis University.
Areas of Expertise
- American Board of Pediatrics, Pediatrics, 1989
- University of Connecticut School of Medicine, 1980
- University of California at Irvine Medical Center, Pediatrics, 1981
- University of California at Irvine Medical Center, Pediatrics, 1983
- University of California at Irvine Medical Center, Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine, 1985