Maneesh Bawa, MD, is an orthopedic surgeon who provides comprehensive, compassionate care for a wide range of spinal disorders, diseases and injuries, including trauma and fractures.
With a commitment to first explore non-operative modalities like physical therapy, traction and evidence-based injections, Dr. Bawa treats conditions like neck disorders, spinal stenosis, myelopathy, radiculopathy, spinal tumors, spinal trauma, and ostoporotic compression fractures.
His areas of expertise include cervical artificial disc replacement, complex reconstructive spine surgery, cervical spine surgery, eXtreme Lateral Interbody Fusion (XILF), minimally invasive surgery, orthopedic surgery, motion preserving surgery, and scoliosis.
Dr. Bawa believes providing patient care is a blessing, and treats his patients as though they are a part of his own family.
When he’s not treating patients, he enjoys skiing, running, cooking, traveling and spending time with his family.
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Orthopaedic Surgery of the Spine
Areas of Expertise
- Laparoscopic Surgery
- Orthopaedic Surgery, Spine
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery, 2009
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, MD, 2000
- University of California, San Diego, General Surgery, 2001
- University of California, San Diego, Orthopaedic Surgery, 2006
- Emory University Hospital, Orthopaedic Surgery, Spine, 2007
- University of California, San Diego, Orthopaedic Surgery, Spine, 2002