Sonya Christianson, MD, has been in practice since 2010 and is currently the director of palliative care at Scripps Mercy Hospital, San Diego.
Dr. Christianson believes in the relief of suffering for patients and families during critical and terminal illness. She believes that every person deserves to live and die with comfort and dignity.
She is also passionate about graduate medical education and helping new trainees to become compassionate clinicians who are advocates for their patients and families.
In her spare time she enjoys running, playing the piano and mountain hiking.
- Hospice and Palliative Medicine
Areas of Expertise
- Family Medicine
- Hospice & Palliative Medicine
- American Board of Family Medicine, Hospice and Palliative Medicine, 2010
- American Board of Family Medicine, Family Medicine, 2009
- Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, MD, 2006
- Scripps Mercy Hospital Chula Vista, Family Medicine, 2009
- San Diego Hospice Center for Palliative Studies, Hospice & Palliative Medicine, 2010