Paul D. Kim, MD was raised in southern California and graduated with honors as a College Scholar from Cornell University. He has a strong interest in academic medicine and has authored multiple book chapters and peer-reviewed scientific journal articles. He has also presented many podium and poster presentations in addition to being awarded several research grants and academic honors. He also has an interest in volunteer international medicine.
Treating complex disorders of the cervical, thoracic and lumbar spine, Dr. Kim has a particular interest in minimally-invasive spine surgery, motion-sparing technology/artificial disc replacement, and the use of computer-assisted navigation in the appropriate patients. He strongly believes in treating each patient with compassionate care with the use of both non-operative and operative modalities. He is a member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, North American Spine Society and AO Spine.
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Areas of Expertise
- Orthopaedic Surgery, Spine
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery, 2013
- Columbia University College of Physicians & Surgeons, MD, 2004
- Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, Orthopaedic Surgery, 2010
- Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Orthopaedic Surgery, Spine, 2011
- Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, Clinical Research, 2005