A retina fellowship-trained ophthalmologist, Richard Lin, MD, PhD, specializes in diagnosis and treatment for disorders of the vitreous, retina, and macula. He believes in doing what is best for each individual patient, and doing so in a caring and compassionate manner.
His specific areas of expertise include age-related macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, retinal vascular disease, retinal detachment, macular hole, and macular pucker. He performs in-office procedures such as laser treatment of the retina and eye injections as well as surgeries, including vitrectomy and scleral buckle (performed to repair a retinal detachment).
When not in the office, Dr. Lin enjoys sports (tennis, golf, basketball, baseball, football), music (piano), hiking, and bicycling.
Areas of Expertise
- Medical Retina
- Retinal & Vitreous Disease
- American Board of Ophthalmology, Ophthalmology, 2006
- Stanford University School of Medicine, MD, 2001
- Stanford University Medical Center, Internship-Medicine, 2002
- Stanford University Medical Center, Ophthalmology, 2005
- University of Chicago Medical Center, Retinal & Vitreous Disease, 2008
- Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, Medical Retina, 2006