As an internal medicine specialist, Adina Smarandache, MD, provides comprehensive primary care with clinical interests in complex medical cases and geriatric medicine.
Other clinical interests include diabetes, congestive heart failure, coronary artery disease, hypertension, hepatitis, liver failure, chronic kidney disease, gastroesophageal reflux disease, peptic ulcer disease, thyroid diseases, COPD, asthma, sleep apnea, anemia and osteoarthritis. She is also interested in medication safety and instances where a patient may be taking a high volume of multiple medications (polypharmacy).
Dr. Smarandache believes that broad medical knowledge, compassion and good communication are the foundations of a healthy, long lasting relationship with her patients.
In her spare time she enjoys creative writing and travel.
- Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Geriatric Medicine, 2008
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Internal Medicine, 2004
- Iuliu Hatieganu University of Medicine and Pharmacy, MD, 1998
- St. Vincent's Medical Center, Internal Medicine, 2004
- Oregon Health Sciences University, Geriatric Medicine, 2005