Kimberly Bower, MD, is a family medicine specialist with a focus on hospice and palliative medicine.
She has a special interest in pediatric palliative care and is the medical director for the Scripps Kids Care Pediatric Hospice Program.
Dr. Bower believes in open communication and having compassion for her patients and their families. She enjoys working with families and finding small ways to help her patients enjoy their lives each day. She also strives to empower patients and their families so their voices are heard within the sometimes complex medical system.
When she is not caring for patients, she enjoys spending time with her husband and daughters, exploring San Diego and traveling. She also writes for publications that are aimed at increasing providers’ skills in pediatric palliative medicine.
- Family Medicine
- Hospice and Palliative Medicine
- American Board of Hospice & Palliative Medicine, Hospice and Palliative Medicine, 2010
- American Board of Family Medicine, Family Medicine, 2004
- University of Kansas Medical Center, MD, 2000
- Memorial Hospital of Rhode Island, Family Medicine, 2003
- San Diego Hospice Center for Palliative Studies, Hospice & Palliative Medicine, 2006