In practice since 2004, Enma Alvarado, MD, is an internal medicine specialist with a focus on hospice and palliative care.
Dr. Alvarado believes in taking a team approach to caring for patients. In addition to the care team, she enlists family and friends to help patients succeed after leaving the hospital. She feels it is important to help her patients, their family and friends honor every moment. She also believes in caring for the whole person, addressing spiritual and emotional needs, as well as the physical.
When she is not caring for patients she enjoys cooking, hiking and salsa dancing.
- Hospice and Palliative Medicine
Areas of Expertise
- Hospice & Palliative Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- Universidad Autonoma De Guadalajara, MD, 2007
- St Mary's Medical Center, Internal Medicine, 2012
- Scripps Mercy Hospital San Diego, Hospice & Palliative Medicine, 2013