Relationship Skill Building Groups for Better Interpersonal Relationships
Sometimes people have such difficulty with personal relationships that they have problems maintaining a social support system.
Trouble managing anger and unrealistic expectations can sabotage interpersonal relationships, including those with family, friends and mental health professionals. Those who have suffered extensive childhood abuse often have problems with low self-esteem and do not relate to others in healthy, meaningful ways.
Scripps Health offers specialized groups for patients who struggle with these issues.
- Group therapy with mood disorder clients
- Multidisciplinary treatment team approach
- Individualized treatment planning
- Specialized group curriculum based on four modes:
- Distress tolerance
- Emotion regulation
- Interpersonal effectiveness