Colorectal Cancer Treatment and Diagnosis
Colorectal cancer (a group of cancers that includes colon cancer and anal or rectal cancer) is one of the more common cancer diagnoses. It is also one of the most treatable, especially if caught in its earliest stages.
Scripps colorectal cancer care experts offer comprehensive colorectal cancer screening, diagnosis and treatment services for patients, from imaging and diagnostic procedures to advanced radiation therapy.
A team of colon and rectal cancer treatment specialists
Our multidisciplinary cancer treatment team blends the expertise of health professionals who have specialized training in colorectal cancer and oncology, including:
- to coordinate care
- Board-certified colon and rectal surgeons, and general surgeons with extensive training in colon/rectal procedures
- Pathologists experienced in colorectal cancer diagnosis and research
- with expertise in the latest radiation therapies
- Radiologists trained in detection and diagnosis procedures related to gastrointestinal issues
- Cancer care navigator program, featuring registered who work with patients to facilitate the care process, and cancer social workers