Proton Therapy Expertise
The clinical and scientific team members at Scripps Proton Therapy Center are among the best, most experienced in their field. Collectively, they have more than 90 years of experience in proton therapy.
Clinical and scientific team
- Radiation oncologists
- Radiation therapists
- Medical dosimetrists
- Certified oncology nurses
- Medical physicists
The physician leadership team
- Carl Rossi, MD, medical director of Scripps Proton Therapy Center, has personally treated more than 9,000 prostate cancer patients with proton radiation over the last 20 years — more than any other physician in the world.
- Ryan Grover, MD, is the center’s chief of adult head and neck, central nervous system, sarcoma and gynecologic proton therapy.
- Huan Giap, MD, PhD, is the facility’s chief of adult breast, gastrointestinal and lung proton therapy. He is also trained as a physicist.
- Andrew Chang, MD, is the center’s chief of pediatric proton beam therapy.