Faster ER Care
Our emergency room assessment process has reduced average wait times at Scripps ERs by nearly an hour, allowing for faster care when you need it most. This seamless process starts with your check-in and registration at any Scripps emergency room, where you’ll be quickly registered and evaluated. Once in the ER, you’ll be seen by an emergency care nurse and physician at the same time, so you only have to explain your symptoms once. Your emergency care team may then order additional tests or prescribe a treatment plan to get you back home as soon as possible.
Scripps is one of the first health systems in California to implement this new emergency department assessment system which has reduced the number of patients leaving without treatment and the amount of time spent on ambulance bypass.
Exceptional emergency care
Scripps offers the highest quality of emergency care that encompasses a variety of injuries and conditions. Our emergency departments have been recognized for best-practices and fast, efficient care.
- All four our hospital locations with emergency rooms have been certified as by the Joint Commission. This means all of our ER locations have been recognized for providing effective, evidence-based care to treat stroke.
- All emergency room locations are certified by the American Heart Association as STEMI receiving centers for the treatment of heart attacks. A STEMI receiving center works closely with first responders to ensure that heart attack patients receive the fastest and most effective heart attack care using evidence-based techniques for minimizing heart damage and improving chances of survival and long-term recovery.
- Scripps Health operates two facilities with trauma services serving San Diego County
- Scripps Mercy Hospital San Diego, a Level I trauma center
- Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla, a Level II trauma center