Unlike a traditional physician’s office, Scripps Center for Executive Health offers a warm and pleasant décor designed with your comfort in mind. Take a photo tour.
Our super-efficient and caring staff and multidisciplinary team of world class Scripps specialists are ready to get right down to business. There is none of the usual waiting because everything’s ready on a precise agenda that respects the value of your time.
Your WholePerson Examination
The WholePerson Examination is a comprehensive, one-day executive exam that combines a full physical along with fitness and lifestyle counseling. Your day begins with a consultation with your Executive Health physician (an internal medicine specialist or family practitioner) for a detailed interview and clinical evaluation. In addition, you’ll be examined by physician specialists in cardiology, dermatology, radiology and, if requested, gastroenterology.
Following your clinical examination, you will have consultations with licensed lifestyle and fitness professionals for a true WholePerson experience.
Your executive health examination will include:
- Personal and family history medical review
- Review by internal medicine specialist or family practitioner
- Total body skin evaluation with a dermatologist
- Body fat determination
- Chest X-ray
- Flexibility and manual muscle testing
- Hearing test
- Occult blood and urinalysis
- Blood chemistry panel:
Heart care testing
- HDL and LDL subclasses and density patterns
- Highly sensitive C-reactive protein
- Lipoprotein (VAP) panel: an advanced cholesterol panel used to measure all cholesterol subclasses
- Pulmonary function test
- Resting electrocardiogram
- Stress treadmill
- Carotid Intima Medial Thickening: Thickening of the intima lining of the carotid artery is one of the earliest detectors for cardiovascular disease. This procedure, administered by a cardiologist or licensed ultra-sound technician, will alert your doctors to any special risks for stroke or other cardiovascular event.
Your complete results will be ready within hours, not weeks or months. You’ll also receive a full written report with customized recommendations for follow-ups, procedures and lifestyle changes.