Expert care, pathology and diagnosis
Scripps infectious disease staff provide consultation and care for a range of illnesses and conditions. Physicians employ pathology expertise and advanced imaging technologies (CT, PET, MRI) to diagnose infectious agents, and offer a number of services, including:
- Management of care for hospitalized patients with infectious diseases
- Care and oversight of transplant patients
- Diagnosis and care for rare cases
- Contagious disease treatment protocol
- Travel-related health consultation
Scripps laboratory medicine specialists, including those at Scripps Clinic, provide diagnosis of microbial and viral pathogens.