Comprehensive Audiology Care
The audiologists at Scripps Health are dedicated to providing quality care for people with hearing and balance disorders. Through comprehensive screening, they aim to determine the cause of your hearing loss or vestibular abnormality and suggest a course of treatment. With a wide variety of hearing aids and aural rehabilitation therapies, they work to help you overcome disability caused by a hearing impairment and achieve improved communication.
Scripps Health audiologists provide care at several hospitals and clinics throughout San Diego. Their services include:
- Comprehensive hearing assessments for infants, children and adults, including basic audiograms, vestibular testing (videonystagmography), evoked otoacoustic emissions, brainstem auditory evoked response (BAER), SIN (sentence-in-noise) tests, TEN (threshold equalizing noise) tests and tympanometry
- Hearing aid evaluations and fittings
- BAHA devices (bone-anchored hearing aid)
- Custom ear plugs to prevent hearing loss
- Custom fitted swim molds and earplugs
- Assistive listening devices for special needs
Depending on the cause and extent of your hearing loss, treatment options vary but can include hearing aids, cochlear implants, drugs or surgery. If you have a disorder or condition that requires medical or surgical treatment, the audiologists work closely with a wide range of specialists within the Scripps network and can refer you to a doctor who can provide specialized care.
Contact us to make an appointment or find a Scripps audiology program near you.