Physical Therapy at Scripps
If a medical problem hinders your ability to move and perform in your daily life, Scripps Health offers expert physical therapy at several locations in San Diego. With the goal of relieving symptoms, expediting recovery and preventing further disability, our therapists perform comprehensive assessments and develop individualized treatment programs. Physical therapy sessions may include:
- Therapeutic exercises to increase flexibility, range of motion, balance, coordination and endurance
- Heat packs and cold compresses to reduce swelling or relieve pain
- Electrical stimulation
- Ultrasound therapy
- Cognitive skills development
- Manual therapy
- Neuromuscular re-education
- Assistive and adaptive device training (including crutches, prosthesis, orthotics and wheelchairs)
- Home exercise instructions
- Gait training
- Traction for back and neck pain
- Patient education
The rehabilitation team at Scripps includes highly trained physical therapists that are certified in multiple clinical areas. Most locations specialize in therapy for orthopedic or neurological diseases and conditions, and some locations also offer specialized services in lymphedema, pelvic floor physical therapy, vestibular rehabilitation and advanced wound care.
A referral from the physician who is managing your care is needed prior to making an appointment with a physical therapist at Scripps.