This study will compare an investigational stem cell procedure to a sham procedure. Patients will be required to have 2-3 days of screening, stay overnight in the hospital for the procedure, and attend follow-up visits at least every 6 months. Phone call contacts will be done each month.
- Trial ID:
- Thomas Heywood, M.D.
- Have an Ejection Fraction of 40% or less
- Have had a hospitalization for heart failure within the last 9 months
- Be on diuretics
- Be on maximum tolerated heart failure medications
- Be NYHA class 2-3
- Meet all other eligibility criteria
- Have severe COPD
- Be unable to walk
- Have an aortic valve prosthesis
- Have been treated with any active stem cell product
- Be in another clinical trial
- The goal of this study is to evaluate the safety and effectiveness of the investigational stem cell product for restoring heart muscle function.