- Trial ID:
- Thomas Heywood
- Diagnosis of NYHA class III heart failure
- At least 1 heart failure hospitalization within previous 12 months
- Patients with reduced LVEF heart failure should be receiving a beta blocker for 3 months and an ACE-I or ARB for one month unless in the investigator's opinion, the patient is intolerant to beta blockers, ACE-I or ARB
- BMI ≤ 35. Patients with BMI >35 will require their chest circumference to be measured at the axillary level. If > 65 inches the patient will not be eligible for the study.
- Pulmonary artery branch diameter ≥ 7mm - (implant target artery - assessed during the right heart catheterization)
- Active infection
- History of recurrent (> 1) pulmonary embolism or deep vein thrombosis
- Inability to tolerate a right heart catheterization
- A major cardiovascular event (e.g., myocardial infarction, open heart surgery, stroke, etc.) within previous 2 months
- Cardiac resynchronization device (CRT) implanted within previous 3 months
- Glomerular Filtration Rate (GFR) < 25 ml/min (obtained within 2 weeks of implant) who are non-responsive to diuretic therapy or who are on chronic renal dialysis
- Congenital heart disease or mechanical right heart valve
- Likely to undergo heart transplantation or VAD within the next 6 months
- Known coagulation disorders
- Hypersensitivity or allergy to aspirin, and/or clopidogrel
Why isn't this trial accepting new patients?
The trial may have a limited enrollment number, reached its maximum, or come to the end of its enrollment period. View trials that are recruiting
How else can Scripps help me?
We have a broad range of physician expertise and specialized medical services available. You can find a doctor online, call 1-800-SCRIPPS (1-800-727-4777) for personal help, or see related Scripps services.
How can I find trials that are accepting new participants?
For more information, see a list of trials that are recruiting, or call the clinical research office at 858-648-6402 for help.