This study is evaluating how safe and effective the investigational drug Obeticholic Acid (OCA) may be in delaying or preventing medical conditions or health...
- Trial ID:
- Paul J. Pockros, M.D.
- Be 18 years or over
- Have been diagnosed with NASH with fibrosis by liver biopsy
- Have a stable body weight for at least 3 months
- Have had bariatric surgery
- Have type 1 diabetes, cirrhosis, known heart failure, or uncontrolled high blood pressure
- Have unstable diabetes Type 2
- Be pregnant or planning a pregnancy
- Be unwilling to use birth control if able to get pregnant
- Patients will be randomized to receive 10mg of OCA, 25mg of OCA, or a matching placebo once a day for the duration of the study, in conjunction with local standard of care.