This study is being done to collect more information about the safety and effectiveness of TECNIS Toric intraocular lenses (IOLs), Models ZCT300 and ZCT400 that have already been approved by the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA). The study will compare the amount of visual distortion experienced by patients who have received two different types of IOLs. Patients who join this study must have moderate corneal astigmatism and must be already planning to have cataract surgery.
- Trial ID:
- Francis S Mah, MD
- Be at least 22 years old
- Have cataracts in both eyes
- Have a certain degree of astigmatism in both eyes
- Be willing and able to comply with examination procedures
- Understand, read and write English to complete informed consent and questionnaires
- Be available for study follow-up visits
- Be currently in any other clinical study or have been in a clinical study during the last 30 days
- Have a certain disease/illness such as poorly-controlled diabetes
- Have certain eye conditions such as uncontrolled glaucoma
- Be taking medication that may affect your vision
- Be pregnant, planning a pregnancy, or breastfeeding
- There are two groups in the study. Patients can choose to be in either group. One group will choose to have the toric IOL. The other Group will choose to have a non-toric IOL.
- The costs of the surgery and IOLs will be billed to the patient’s insurance or to the patient.
- Patients will be compensated for time and travel.