This trial will examine if using the LARIAT Suture Delivery System plus catheter ablation is safe and effective for treating patients with atrial fibrillation.
- Trial ID:
- Douglas Gibson, M.D.
- Have persistent non-valvular Atrial Fibrillation
- Have Life expectancy over 1 year
- Meet all other eligibility criteria
- Have had a prior procedure involving opening of the pericardium; for example, heart transplantation or valve surgery
- Have had a prior epicardial or endocardial AF ablation procedure;
- Have had a stroke within the past 3 months
- Have NYHA Class IV heart failure symptoms
- Have a history of right heart failure
- Have a myocardial infarction (MI) within 3 months prior to the planned study intervention
- Have Chronic renal insufficiency
- Have Left Ventricular Ejection Fraction less than 30%
- Patients will be randomly assigned to receive either the LARIAT device plus catheter ablation or catheter ablation only.