The goal of this study is to collect more information about the safety and rate of visual distortions associated with TECNIS Toric intraocular lenses (IOLs), Models ZCT450, ZCT525 and ZCT600, which have already been approved by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA). <br><br>To be eligible for this study, patients must have high corneal astigmatism in both eyes and must already be planning to have cataract surgery.
- Trial ID:
- Francis S Mah, MD
- Be at least 22 years old
- Have cataracts in both eyes
- Have a certain degree of astigmatism in both eyes
- Be willing and able to comply with examination procedures
- Understand, read and write English to complete informed consent and questionnaires
- Be available for study follow-up visits
- Be currently in any other clinical study or have been in a clinical study during the last 30 days
- Have a certain disease/illness such as poorly-controlled diabetes
- Have certain eye conditions such as uncontrolled glaucoma
- Be taking medication that may affect your vision
- Be pregnant, planning a pregnancy, or breastfeeding
- One eye must have a higher power toric IOL model ZCT450-ZCT600 implanted. The other (fellow) eye must have a standard IOL model ZCT300-ZCT600 implanted.
- The rate of visual distortion with the higher power toric IOL will be compared to the standard IOL.
- Costs of the surgery and IOLs will be billed to the patient’s insurance or to the patient. Patients will be compensated for time and travel.