This study will evaluate how the investigational drug tipelukast, affects blood cholesterol function and triglyceride levels in patients with Non-Alcoholic Steatohepatitis (NASH). Participation will last for about 13 weeks and involves 6 study visits. Patients will need to fast for at least 6 hours before each clinic visit.
- Trial ID:
- Paul J. Pockros, M.D.
- Be 21 to 65 years of age
- Be diagnosed with NASH or Non-alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease (NAFLD) by liver biopsy and have a high triglyceride levels
- Meet all other eligibility criteria
- Have had bariatric surgery
- Have type 1 diabetes, cirrhosis, known heart failure, or uncontrolled high blood pressure
- Have uncontrolled diabetes Type 2
- Have had a weight gain or loss of more than 10 pounds in the last 6 months
- Had cancer in the past 5 years
- Be pregnant or planning a pregnancy
- Patients will take one tablet of study drug once a day for the first 4 weeks, then will take one tablet twice a day (mornings and evenings) for the next 8 weeks.