This study will evaluate data gathered with the Reveal LINQ™ Implantable Cardiac Monitor from patients with heart failure to see if the measurements from the LINQ device can help doctors detect heart failure in early stages. The results will not be used for treatment.
- Trial ID:
- Thomas Heywood, M.D.
- Be 18 years of age or older
- have experienced symptoms of heart failure within the last 6 months
- have elevated levels of a hormone produced by the heart called B-type natiuretic peptide (BNP) within the last 3 months
- meet all other eligibility criteria
- have severe valvular heart disease and/or prosthetic heart valve
- have an existing implanted cardiac device (IPG, ICD, CRT-D or CRT-P)
- The Reveal LINQ™ device is approved for use by the FDA but is not usually implanted in patients with heart failure as part of standard treatment. Office visits will be required before the Reaveal LINQ™ device is implanted and after the implant procedure at 1 month, 6 months, and 12 months. Data transmissions from home will also be required every month starting at month 1 for up to 3 years.