- Trial ID:
- Franklin C. Tsai MD
The goal is to collect information on health related quality of life as well as additional tumor characteristics before and after cryotherapy.
- Be between 18 to 89 years of age
- Have persistent esophageal cancer that is not eligible for surgery
- Be able to tolerate an endoscopy procedure
- Meet all other eligibility criteria
- Have an esophageal stent
- Be ineligible for an endoscopy or Spray Cryotherapy Procedure
- Have had previous Spray Cryotherapy for esophageal cancer
- Have received radiation within the past 6 weeks, or chemotherapy within the past 2 weeks
- Have been in another clinical study within the past 6 weeks
- Be pregnant, nursing, or planning to get pregnant during the study
- The truFreeze® Cryotherapy System is approved by the FDA to treat esophageal cancer by delivering liquid nitrogen to the site of the cancer through an endoscopy procedure.
- This study is for patients who are already planning to have spray cryotherapy for their esophageal cancer, and are having symptoms that may include difficulty swallowing, excessive weight loss, cough, chest pain, hoarseness, and vomiting.
- Shannon Cyhan