- Trial ID:
- Matthew Price
- The patient has documented paroxysmal, persistent, or permanent non-valvular AF (i.e., the patient has not been diagnosed with rheumatic mitral valve disease).
- LAA closure with the WATCHMAN device is planned
- The patient fulfills the FDA indication for WATCHMAN LAA closure
- The patient or legal representative is able to understand and willing to provide written informed consent to participate in the trial
- The patient is able and willing to return for required follow-up visits and examinations.
- The patient is 18 years of age or older
- Conditions other than atrial fibrillation that require anti-coagulation (e.g., a prosthetic heart valve)
- Stroke within the previous 7 days
- Hypersensitivity to edoxaban
- Moderate or severe mitral stenosis
- A need for aspirin at a dose of >81 mg a day
- A need for on-going treatment with dual antiplatelet therapy with aspirin and clopidogrel
- A need for on-going treatment with ticagrelor or prasugrel
- No LAA closure device implanted during procedure
- Procedural complication of LAA closure (e.g., stroke, systemic embolism, bleeding, vascular complication [e.g., groin hematoma >10cm, AV fistula, or pseudoaneurysm), or serious pericardial effusion)
- Planned surgery or invasive procedure within 6±2 weeks of enrollment
- Catchpole Heather
Why isn't this trial accepting new patients?
The trial may have a limited enrollment number, reached its maximum, or come to the end of its enrollment period. View trials that are recruiting
How else can Scripps help me?
We have a broad range of physician expertise and specialized medical services available. You can find a doctor online, call 1-800-SCRIPPS (1-800-727-4777) for personal help, or see related Scripps services.
How can I find trials that are accepting new participants?
For more information, see a list of trials that are recruiting, or call the clinical research office at 858-648-6402 for help.