- Trial ID:
- Michael P. Kosty, M.D.
Abiraterone is already an approved medication for the treatment of some patients with prostate cancer. This medication is indicated in combination with prednisone or prednisolone for the treatment of mCRPC. The combination of olaparib and abiraterone as used in this study is experimental and is not approved by the FDA.
Patients have a 1 in 2 (50/50) chance of receiving either olaparib plus abiraterone or placebo plus abiraterone.
- Be 18 years or older
- Have progressive mCRPC
- Have additional malignancy that has had progressed or required active treatment in last 5 years
- Have a diagnosis of or suspected MDS/AML
- Have clinically significant cardiovascular disease
- Have had a prior revascularization procedure (significant coronary, carotid or peripheral artery stenosis)
- Abiraterone is currently approved by the FDA for the treatment of mCRPC and is considered the standard treatment. Olaparib (Lynparza™) has been approved by the FDA for the treatment of recurrent ovarian cancer and for a certain type of breast cancer but is not approved to treat mCRPC and is considered experimental in this study. Eligible patients will be randomized to receive either olaparib plus standard treatment or standard treatment plus placebo.
- Gail Moore