- Trial ID:
- Catherine Frenette, MD
Pembrolizumab (Keytruda) is an immunotherapy that works with your immune system to help fight certain cancers. Lenvatinib (Lenvima) belongs to a type of anti-cancer treatment known as receptor tyrosine kinase inhibitors. Tyrosine kinases are proteins involved in the growth of cells and the development of new blood vessels that supply them and can be present in high amounts in cancer cells. By blocking their action on cell receptors lenvatinib may slow the rate at which the cancer cells grow and help to cut off the blood supply that feeds the cancer.
Patients in this study will be randomly assigned by chance to receive pembrolizumab with lenvatinib OR lenvatinib alone.
Requires 1-2 clinic visits every 3 Weeks.
- Be adults 18 years of age or older with advanced liver cancer.
- Have adequately controlled blood pressure, with or without medication.
- Have received prior treatment for advanced liver cancer.
- Have a bleeding or clotting disorder.
- Have any condition that might affect the absorption of oral medication.
- Have a serious non-healing wound, ulcer, or bone fracture
- All treatments and physician visits during this study will take place at Scripps Clinic Torrey Pines
- For additional details about the study, search for NCT03713593 at https://www.clinicaltrials.gov
- Gail Moore, RN