- Trial ID:
- Michael P. Kosty, M.D.
The purpose of this study is to test the effectiveness, safety and tolerability of an investigational drug, Pembrolizumab, with or without a second investigational drug, Lenvatinib. Pembrolizumab is an antibody (a type of human protein) that is being tested to see if it will allow the body’s immune system to work against tumor cells to prolong survival and delay worsening of lung cancer. Lenvatinib inhibits factors which are believed to be important in tumor cell growth.
Patients in this study will be assigned by chance to receive Pembrolizumab alone, or Pembrolizumab in combination with Lenvatinib.
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Have Stage 4 non-small cell lung cancer
- Have adequately controlled blood pressure
- Have been previously treated for Stage 4 non-small cell lung cancer
- Have a history of known additional malignancy within the past 3 years
- Have known metastasis to the brain
- Be pregnant or breastfeeding
- Have a history of HIV, hepatitis B or hepatitis C
- All patient treatments and physician visits will take place at Scripps Clinic Torrey Pines.
- Gail Moore, RN