Investigational device for Heart Failure
- Trial ID:
- Matthew J Price, M.D.
Inclusion CriteriaPatients must:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Have ischemic or non-ischemic cardiomyopathy with either reduced or preserved LV ejection fractions and documented heart failure for at least 6 months
- Be on stable heart failure medications for at least 1 month, with exception of diuretic therapy
- Be willing and able to comply with required tests, treatment instructions and follow-up visits
Exclusion CriteriaPatients must not:
- Require surgical or percutaneous cardiac intervention
- Have an active infection
- Be allergic to nickel
- All treatments and physician visits during this study will take place at Anderson Medical Pavilion and Scripps Memorial Hospital Lab Jolla.
- Patients will be randomized to receive the investigational shunt device or usual care. The shunt is placed during a minimally invasive cardiac catheterization procedure using a dedicated delivery catheter.
- The goal of the study is to see if the shunt improves symptoms of heart failure.
- For more information search NCT# 03499236 on the Clinical Trials website at www.clinicaltrials.gov
- Clinical Research Leadership