This study will test the safety and effectiveness of one week of treatment with partial breast irradiation compared to the current standard of care regimen of three weeks.
- Trial ID:
- Ray Lin, M.D.
- Be 40 years of age or older.
- Have a diagnosis of invasive breast cancer or ductal carcinoma in-situ (DCIS).
- Have a breast conserving surgery in the last 12 weeks, or intend to proceed with breast conservation surgery.
- Be estrogen receptor positive (ER+).
Patients must not:
- Have positive surgical margins.
- Be pregnant or nursing.
- Have had previous irradiation to breast, neck, or chest.
- Have cancer diagnosed in both breasts.
- All radiation treatments will be conducted at the Scripps La Jolla site.
- Each participant will be followed for 5 years and will be expected to complete a series of questionnaires at certain time points.
- For more information, search for NCT03077841 at www.clinicaltrials.gov