Your browser is out-of-date!
Internet Explorer 11 has been retired by Microsoft as of June 15, 2022. To get the best experience on this website, we recommend using a modern browser, such as Safari, Chrome or Edge.
This study will test the safety and effectiveness of one week of treatment with partial breast irradiation compared to the current standard of care regimen of three weeks.
- Trial ID:
- Ray Lin, M.D.
- Be 40 years of age or older.
- Have a diagnosis of invasive breast cancer or ductal carcinoma in-situ (DCIS).
- Have a breast conserving surgery in the last 12 weeks, or intend to proceed with breast conservation surgery.
- Be estrogen receptor positive (ER+).
Patients must not:
- Have positive surgical margins.
- Be pregnant or nursing.
- Have had previous irradiation to breast, neck, or chest.
- Have cancer diagnosed in both breasts.
- All radiation treatments will be conducted at the Scripps La Jolla site.
- Each participant will be followed for 5 years and will be expected to complete a series of questionnaires at certain time points.
- For more information, search for NCT03077841 at www.clinicaltrials.gov