- Trial ID:
- Munveer S Bhangoo, MD
All physician visits and study treatments will occur at Scripps Clinic Torrey Pines (La Jolla).
Inclusion CriteriaPatients must:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Have histologically confirmed metastatic hormone sensitive prostate adenocarcinoma
- Be a candidate for abiraterone and steroid therapy
- Have a tissue specimen from a prior biopsy or recent biopsy to be submitted for PTEN analysis
Exclusion CriteriaPatients must not:
- Have had major surgery within 4 weeks prior to planned start
- Have brain metastases or spinal cord compression
- Have diabetes mellitus type I or diabetes mellitus type II requiring insulin treatment
- Have a history of solid organ transplant
- Capivasertib is an investigational drug that stops some signals from reaching cells in the body, which may stop the cancer cells from growing.
- Enrolled patients will receive standard of care treatment with abiraterone and will be randomly selected to receive either Capivasertib or placebo. For more information about this clinical trial, search for NCT# 04493853 at www.clinicaltrials.gov
- Clinical Research Services