- Trial ID:
- Douglas Gibson, M.D.
reasonable alternative to long-term oral anticoagulation (OAC) therapy (blood thinner medication) to prevent strokes in patients with atrial fibrillation (A-Fib).
Inclusion CriteriaPatients must:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Have atrial fibrillation
- Be suitable for medication regimens
- Be able and willing to return for required follow-up visits and examinations
Exclusion CriteriaPatients must not:
- Be allergic to or unable to take oral anticoagulation medication and/or aspirin
- Have a reversible cause of A-Fib or transient A-Fib
- Be absent of a LAA or the LAA is surgically ligated
- All treatments and physician visits during this study will take place at Scripps Memorial Hospital, Anderson Medical Pavilion in La Jolla.
- Search NCT04394546 at www.clinicaltrials.gov for more information.
- Study participation will last up to 5 years.
- Clinical Research Services