Invite your friends and neighbors to come to our special Mother’s Volunteer Open House to learn about healthcare volunteer opportunities that may be rewarding for you. We are specifically calling for moms who might be experiencing “empty-nest” syndrome or have extra time to set aside for personal enrichment.
Our volunteers play a valuable role in fulfilling the Scripps mission by promoting the health and well being of our patients. Plus, you’ll gain valuable experience, learn new skills, make friends and meet others who share your interests.
Volunteer opportunities include:
- Work with patients on nursing units in critical care areas including Labor and Delivery and the Scripps Polster Breast Care Center
- Assist family members in waiting rooms or at the Information Desk
- Support administrative departments with clerical tasks
- Assist with short term assignments in Fundraising, Marketing or Executive Health
- Work in the Gift Shop, Pet Therapy Program or the Craft Unit (making patient tray favors or knitting newborn baby beanies)
- Work in our brand new Prebys Cardiovascular Institute
Come meet our staff and other volunteer moms. You’ll also learn about our volunteer positions and learn about the requirements and benefits.
There is no obligation. Refreshments will be served.
- Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla
- La Jolla, CA 920379888 Genesee Ave.Volunteer Services Department - LJB10; Lower Level
|Thu, Sep 17th, 2015 - Thu, Sep 17th, 2015||11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.||Free|