As a hospice volunteer with Scripps Health, you can give the gift of companionship and emotional support to someone with a serious life-limiting illness and provide much needed support for their caregivers.
Our volunteers fulfill a variety of roles, including:
- Working directly with patients in their homes or in a long-term care setting
- Assisting with clerical duties, such as answering phones, helping with data entry and other tasks as needed
- Providing caregiver relief, which could include running errands, such as picking up groceries or walking a dog, or helping with other tasks, as appropriate
- Must be 18 or older
- Be able to dedicate four hours a week to hospice care during weekdays
- Commit to at least one year of service
- Attend a 2-hour information presentation and a 1-day patient care orientation class
Our volunteers play a valuable role in fulfilling the Scripps mission by promoting the health and well being of our patients. Plus, you’ll gain valuable experience, learn new skills, make friends and meet others who share your interests.
There is no obligation. Refreshments will be served.
- Scripps Hospice
- 4311 Third Avenue
- San Diego, CA 92103 Directions
|Fri, Jan 22nd, 2016 - Fri, Jan 22nd, 2016||1:00 PM - 3:00 PM||Free|