Invite your friends, family and neighbors to come to the Volunteer Open House to learn the first steps of becoming a volunteer at any of our Scripps locations.
Our volunteers play a valuable role in fulfilling the Scripps mission by promoting the health and well being of our patients. Plus, you’ll gain valuable experience, learn new skills, make friends and meet others who share your interests.
Volunteer opportunities include:
- Work with patients on nursing units in critical care areas including labor and delivery and provide companionship and emotional support to patients
- Assist family members in waiting rooms or at the information desk
- Support administrative departments with clerical tasks
- Assist with short-term assignments in fundraising, marketing or executive health
- Work in the gift shop, pet therapy program or the craft unit (making patient tray favors or knitting newborn baby beanies)
Come meet our staff and other volunteers. You’ll learn about all our volunteer positions and about the requirements and benefits. Volunteers must be 18 or older and commit to 4 hrs per week for a minimum of 6 months.
There is no obligation. Refreshments will be served.
- Scripps Memorial Hospital Encinitas
- Main Lobby
- 354 Santa Fe Drive
- Encinitas, CA 92024 Get directions
|Thu, Oct 5th, 2017 - Thu, Oct 5th, 2017||10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.||Free|