Join Scripps Clinic neurologist, Melissa Houser, MD, and a team of health care professionals for a full day of education and fun activities for people with Parkinson’s disease. Comfortable clothing is recommended for exercise activities.
The event will include:
- Presentations on the psychological impact of Parkinson’s, the benefits of exercise and a positive attitude, dietary considerations and integrative approaches to treatment.
- Information on the role of rehabilitation for Parkinson’s, including speech and swallowing concerns and the benefits of physical therapy.
- An update on the latest treatment options for Parkinson’s.
- Activities such as cardiovascular and strength training; balance and flexibility exercises; and gait, posture and balance assessments
- Yoga and meditation
- Rock steady boxing
- LSVT Loud (speech therapy for Parkinson’s)
- LSVT Big (physical therapy for Parkinson’s)
Cost is $25 per person or $50 per couple, which includes a boxed lunch.
- Scripps Center for Integrative Medicine
- Yoga room
- 10820 N. Torrey Pines Road
- La Jolla , CA 92037 Get directions
|Tue, Jun 26th, 2018 - Tue, Jun 26th, 2018||9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.||$25.00|