This course content is appropriate for nurses who are new to cancer nursing or who would like a review.
- Discuss cancer cell biology and mechanisms of metastasis
- Identify the treatment modalities for cancer
- Explain the goals of cancer therapy.
- Describe myelosuppression and the care of patients with myelosuppression
- Discuss pain assessment and management in cancer care
- Identify signs and symptoms of electrolyte imbalance in cancer patients
- Describe common oncologic emergencies
- Identify key nursing assessment considerations when caring for cancer patients
- Discuss psychosocial assessment and interventions in cancer care
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider CEP 15199 for 7 contact hours. No partial credit will be given.
Cathleen Sugarman, RN, MSN, AOCNS
Free to Scripps employees
$80 for non-Scripps employees
Scripps employees can register via LMS
Registration Deadline January 6, 2014
No refunds will be provided after January 6, 2014.
- Building next to CFLI
- 9444 Farnham Street
- San Diego, CA 92123 Get directions
- Email Address
|Tue, Jan 14th, 2014 - Tue, Jan 14th, 2014||8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|