This course content is appropriate for nurses who are planning to take the ONS OCN® exam, along with nurses who want an excellent review of oncology nursing.
- Discuss the scientific basis for cancer
- Identify the treatment modalities for cancer
- Describe myelosuppression and other frequently occurring symptoms experienced by patients with cancer
- Address quality of life concerns for patients with cancer including pain, fatigue, coping, sexuality and supportive care
- Review common psychosocial needs of cancer patients.
- Discuss the epidemiology, prevention and early detection and diagnosis for specific cancers
- Review cancer survivorship and end of life care
- Understand the scope and standards of Oncology Nursing Practice
- Describe common oncology emergencies and treatment
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, provider CEP 15199, for 14 contact hours. No partial credit will be given.
Cathleen Sugarman, RN, MSN, AOCNS
Free to Scripps employees
$100.00 for non-Scripps employees
Scripps employees can register via LMS
Registration Deadline January 16, 2014
No refunds will be provided after January 16, 2014
- Building next to CFLI
- 9444 Farnham Street
- San Diego, CA 92123 Directions
|Mon, Jan 27th, 2014 - Tue, Jan 28th, 2014||8:00 AM - 4:30 PM|