Scripps' Primary Care Summer CME conference was designed by primary care physicians for PCPs and will present content from their unique perspective.
Hilton San Diego Resort
1775 E Mission Bay Drive
San Diego, California 92109
Scripps Health’s Primary Care Summer Conference was designed by primary care physicians for primary care physicians and will present content from their unique perspective. This important CME conference will educate and promote improved patient outcomes in a broad range of therapeutic areas commonly encountered in the busy primary care practice. In addition to an overview of the history and current science of a variety of specialty areas, content will be presented in a very practical, patient-focused manner relevant to the specific primary care setting and challenges.
After attending this live activity, participants should be able to:
- Discuss the history, science and evidence of commonly encountered therapeutic areas.
- Integrate current trends in preventive health care into patient care strategies.
- Diagnose frequently encountered medical conditions using office examinations and formal diagnostic techniques.
- Formulate a comprehensive treatment program for various health issues, coordinating other team members within the practice to support the patient care strategy.
- Manage the specialist referral process: assess when to refer, recognize what the specialized treatment will consist of, and determine the role of the primary care physician in cohesive care and follow-up.
- Identify common overlapping or related conditions.
- Access and/or recommend resources for both physicians and patients to acquire additional information pertinent to a range of therapeutic areas.
- Effectively discuss with patients their personal responsibilities in prevention and treatment.
Scripps Health is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Scripps Health designates this live activity for a maximum of 14 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Two-Part Musculoskeletal Workshop (Sat/Sun): 2
Main Conference (Fri-Sun): 12
Total Credits Available: 14
American Academy of Family Physicians
This Live activity, 34th Annual Primary Care Summer Conference, with a beginning date of 08/04/2017, has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 14.00 Prescribed credit(s) by the American Academy of Family Physicians. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
College of Family Physicians of Canada
Members of the College of Family Physicians of Canada are eligible to receive 14.00 MAINPRO-M1 credits for participation in this activity due to reciprocal agreement with the American Academy of Family Physicians.
This course is supported, in part, by educational grants from industry, in accordance with ACCME accreditation Standards for Commercial Support. Appropriate acknowledgement will be given to all supporters at the time of the educational activity.
Cultural and Linguistic Competency
This activity is in compliance with California Assembly Bill 1195, which requires that all CME activities comprising a patient care element include curriculum addressing the topic of cultural and linguistic competency. The intent of this bill is to ensure that health care professionals are able to meet the cultural and linguistic concerns of a diverse patient population through effective and appropriate professional development. The planners, speakers and authors of this CME activity have been encouraged to address issues relevant in their topic area. A variety of resources are available that address cultural and linguistic competency, some of which can be found in the Cultural & Linguistic Competency Resource Guide.
|Fri, Aug 4th, 2017 - Sun, Aug 6th, 2017||7:00 AM - 12:30 PM|