The Primary Care Summer Conference is designed by and for primary care physicians to provide patient-focused information that is practical, useful and actionable.
Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina
1380 Harbor Island Drive
San Diego, California 92101
Scripps Health’s Primary Care Summer Conference was designed by primary care physicians for primary care physicians and will present content from their unique perspective. This important CME conference will educate and promote improved patient outcomes in a broad range of therapeutic areas commonly encountered in the busy primary care practice. In addition to an overview of the history and current science of a variety of specialty areas, content will be presented in a very practical, patient-focused manner relevant to the specific primary care setting and challenges.
After attending this live activity, participants should be able to:
- Discuss the history, science and evidence of commonly encountered therapeutic areas.
- Integrate current trends in preventive health care into patient care strategies.
- Diagnose frequently encountered medical conditions using office examinations and formal diagnostic techniques.
- Formulate a comprehensive treatment program for various health issues, coordinating other team members within the practice to support the patient care strategy.
- Manage the specialist referral process: assess when to refer, recognize what the specialized treatment will consist of, and determine the role of the primary care physician in cohesive care and follow-up.
- Identify common overlapping or related conditions.
- Access and/or recommend resources for both physicians and patients to acquire additional information pertinent to a range of therapeutic areas.
- Employ new collaborative care team strategies that enhance the prevention, diagnosis and management of various medical conditions encountered in the office practice.
- Effectively discuss with patients their personal responsibilities in prevention and treatment.
Scripps Health is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Scripps Health designates this live activity for a maximum of 12 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
ABIM MOC Points
Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to 12 MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine's (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity. It is the CME activity provider's responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit. Please note: ABIM MOC points will be awarded to those who successfully complete the requirements outlined in the post-conference evaluation. Points earned will be reported to the ABIM approximately 60 days post conference. These points will not appear on your CME certificate from Scripps.
This course is supported, in part, by educational grants from industry, in accordance with ACCME Accreditation Standards for Commercial Support. Appropriate acknowledgement will be given to all supporters at the time of the educational activity.
Cultural and Linguistic Competency
This activity is in compliance with California Assembly Bill 1195, which requires that all CME activities comprising a patient care element include curriculum addressing the topic of cultural and linguistic competency. The intent of this bill is to ensure that health care professionals are able to meet the cultural and linguistic concerns of a diverse patient population through effective and appropriate professional development. The planners, speakers and authors of this CME activity have been encouraged to address issues relevant in their topic area. A variety of resources are available that address cultural and linguistic competency, some of which can be found in the Cultural & Linguistic Competency Resource Guide.
- Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina
- San Diego, CA 921011380 Harbor Island Drive
Date and time
Sun, Aug 9th, 2020 at 12:30 pm