Join us for a special group that is designed to provide individual diagnosed with head and neck cancer with dedicated resources to help them manage emotional and physical challenges normally encountered during and after cancer treatment. Significant others are encouraged to attend.
Key elements of the group include:
- Education highlighting methods to address physical challenges of treatment including:
- pain management
- difficulty swallowing
- nutritional integrity
- Strategies to assist with management of stress and anxiety associated with cancer treatment in order to promote empowerment and control
- General group discussion and dialogue among group participants
- New techniques and technologies that many assist in management of symptoms
The group is facilitated by Liza Blumenfeld, MA, and Tom Friedman, LCSW.
- Scripps Radiation Therapy Center
- La Jolla, CA 9203710670 John Jay Hopkins Drive
|Thu, Nov 5th, 2015 - Thu, Nov 5th, 2015||2 pm - 3 pm||Free|