If you have been diagnosed with cancer for the first time — or if your cancer has come back — proton therapy may be an option in your fight.
Proton therapy is a type of radiation treatment that stops where the tumor stops. Conventional X-ray treatment beams penetrate well beyond the tumor and can deliver unnecessary and potentially harmful radiation to surrounding healthy tissues and structures. Protons can be controlled to conform precisely to the shape of the tumor and release most of their energy within it, reducing damage to nearby tissue.
The event will feature:
- Presentation by Dr. Carl Rossi, medical director of Scripps Proton Therapy Center
- Proton therapy patients sharing their experiences
- Q&A with patient representatives
- Tour of the facility, treatment rooms and technology
- Complimentary appetizers and refreshments
- Scripps Proton Therapy Center
- 9730 Summers Ridge Road
- San Diego, CA 92121 Get directions
|Thu, Oct 29th, 2015 - Thu, Oct 29th, 2015||6:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.||Free|