This four-week course teaches childbirth preparation basics. Couples learn effective ways to reduce stress and increase comfort during labor. Topics include breathing, relaxation and the role of the labor support person. Medications, hospital procedures and cesarean birth are also discussed.
Take this course in conjunction with Getting Ready for Baby, Breastfeeding Your Baby, and Hospital Orientation for Expectant Parents for a comprehensive overview of labor, birth and early parenting.
Registration allows us to reserve your space and contact you in the event of a change in the time or location of a class or on the rare occasion that we have a class cancellation.
Please remember, we cannot guarantee accommodation for walk-in participation at our classes, screenings and programs and cannot be responsible for any inconvenience due to lack of registration. Thank you, again, for choosing Scripps.
All classes meet from 6:30 pm to 9:00 pm.
Each class series runs for four weeks. Available dates are:
- Thursdays, Jan. 7 – Jan. 28, 2016
- Wednesdays, Jan. 27 – Feb. 7, 2016
- Thursdays, Feb. 4 – Feb. 25, 2016
- Wednesdays, Feb. 24 – Mar. 16, 2016
- Tuesdays, Mar. 15 – Apr. 5, 2016
- Wednesdays, Apr. 6 – Apr. 27, 2016
- Thursdays, Apr. 7 – Apr. 28, 2016
- Campus Point Annex
- Assembly Room A
- San Diego, CA 9212210010 Campus Point Drive
|Thu, Mar 3rd, 2016 - Thu, Mar 3rd, 2016||6:30 pm - 9 pm||$75.00|