In these group classes, nurses, registered dietitians and diabetes health care providers share their expertise. Become empowered to care for your diabetes through informed choices.
Dates, times and locations vary.
This four-part program covers topics such as:
- Basic facts about diabetes
- Effects of food on blood sugar levels
- How to include a variety of foods in a healthy meal plan
- Dining out
- Food label reading
- Home blood sugar monitoring
- Diabetes medications
- How to maintain optimum health
- Living with diabetes
- Recommended physical activity
An individual visit with a diabetes educator is required prior to class enrollment, which is included in the price listed below.
A physician referral is required for most insurance carriers to cover the cost of this program. Cash-pay discount is available and is reflected in the program price listed.
- Scripps Diabetes Care & Prevention
- 10140 Campus Point Drive
- Suite 100 - Patient Classroom
- San Diego, CA 92121 Get directions
|Fri, Jul 15th, 2016 - Fri, Jul 15th, 2016||12:00 p.m. - 12:00 p.m.||$280.00|